Otolaryngology (ENT) Department
ENT stands for Ear, Nose, and Throat and is also known as Otorhinolaryngology, which deals with the surgical and medical management of conditions of the head and neck. Doctors who specifically specializes in this field are known as otorhinolaryngologists, otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, or ENT surgeons or physicians.
Nature of the Work:
ENT Surgeons treat conditions like that affect the senses of hearing and balance disorders or other senses such as, smell and taste problems. They also treat patients with the conditions that affect their voice, breathing, and swallowing as well as those with head and neck tumours including the skull base and interface with the brain.
ENT surgeons treat a very wide range of conditions. These include:
Ear conditions include:
- Otosclerosis (a condition of the middle ear that causes hearing loss) and other problems with hearing and deafness
- Otitis media with effusion – a common condition of childhood (also known as glue ear) in which the middle ear becomes blocked with fluid
- age related hearing loss
- tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and eustachian tube dysfunction
- dizziness and vertigo
- ear infections
- perforated ear drum and cholesteatoma
- protruding ears
Nose conditions include:
- sinus infection and rhinosinusitis, including in children
- nasal injuries
- nasal polyps
- tumours of the nose
- nasal obstruction
- disorders of the sense of smell
Throat conditions include:
- adenoid problems – surgical removal of these small glands in the throat at the back of the nose is sometimes needed, and is usually performed in childhood
- tonsillitis, sometimes requiring surgical removal of the tonsils, usually in childhood
- hoarseness and laryngitis
- swallowing problems
- upper airway breathing problems
- snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea (when breathing stops during sleep)
Head and neck conditions include:
- cancer affecting the mouth, oral cavity, throat (pharynx), voice box (larynx), salivary glands, skull base, or the nose and sinuses
- thyroid and parathyroid problems
- facial skin lesions including skin cancer
Facial cosmetic surgery is also part of ENT surgery and includes:
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
- Otoplasty (ear surgery)
- Blepharoplasty (removal of excess skin and fat pads around the upper and lower eyelids)
- Facial reconstruction following trauma or cancer
At Saudi German Hospital, we have a dedicated team of ENT Specialists and surgeons who provide a more focused and detailed approach for the assessment and treatment of patients suffering from complex issues. Our vision is to transform the lives of people with the best and comprehensive medical health.
Call us now to book an appointment with us.
The Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery) Department at the Saudi German Hospital – Dubai is equipped to deal with the most complex ailments of the ear, nose, and throat through treatment or through surgery. Our team of specialised doctors and staff are internationally qualified and exceptionally trained with a proven track record in managing even the most complex Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery) cases.
Nasal and Sinus
- All kind of endoscopic sinus surgery to treat sinusitis, nasal polyp or tumor in the nose and sinus.
- Cosmetic surgery of the nose (Septorhinoplasty)
- Nasal Surgery to improve the breath through the nose including using of coblation.
- Dealing with nasal fractures and nasal emergencies like nasal bleeding or foreign body.
- Diagnosis and treatment for all kind of allergic rhinitis.
- All investigations to diagnose and treat loss of hearing, tinnitus, and dizziness with high-quality equipment.
- All kind of ear surgery to minimize the hearing loss by tympanoplasty and cochlear implantation for deaf children.
Larynx and Pharynx
We have all modern equipment to diagnose and treat the laryngeal problem and diseases like vocal cord disease, voice changing a benign and malignant tumor in the larynx using microscope technique and flexible laryngoscopy.
All equipment is available in our department to diagnose/treat snoring and sleep disturbance including sleep lab and surgery by coblation.
Our ENT department is available 24 X 7 for all ENT emergency cases like severe nasal, oral bleeding or foreign body in the ENT area, fracture, abscesses, and stridor in children.
- Equipment adhering to the latest technology.
- Rigid and flexible nasal and laryngeal endoscopic for diagnosis.
- Allergic Test either as a skin test or blood test.
- Imaging study: ultrasound, CT, MRI also available 24Hours.
- Microscopic surgery for ear and larynx
- Laser and coblation for different kinds of surgery: Adenoid, turbant, sleep surgery, and larynx surgery
- All equipment for diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss and vertigo (Audiometry, Tympanometry, VAG, Caloric test.)