Dr. Mohamed Hosni K. AbdelmaksoudConsultant Interventional Radiology
About Dr. Mohamed Hosni
Dr. Abdelmaksoud is an official proctor, consultant and speaker for SIRTEX company (Yttrium-90 radioembolization company) and supervising lot of the Y90 radioembolization treatment for liver cancer in multiple countries in Europe, Asia and Africa, he is currently a member of several international societies including Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR), Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE), Egyptian society of Interventional Radiological and Pan Arab Interventional Radiology Society (PAIRS) and he is a manuscript reviewer for the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (JVIR) - USA.
He was granted several excellence awards including nationally the State Encouragement Award for Medical Science from Egypt in 2014, and internationally Young Interventional Radiologists Grant, Global Embolization Symposium and Technologies (GEST) Meeting, USA and listed in Dictionary of International Biography, Cambridge university, UK as one of the Leading health professional of the world in Interventional Radiology.
He has multiple present abstracts nominated as featured abstracts in SIR and CIRSE meetings and he has multiple international publications in the field of interventional radiology specially focused on interventional oncology and his last Egyptian study on treating patients with hepatocellular carcinoma by Yttrium-90 radioembolization was published in the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) newspaper.
He is currently reviewer of multiple international Journals including Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology JVIR (USA), CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology CVIR (Europe), European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology (Europe) and editorial panel member for EC Gastroenterology and Digestive System (Europe).
He is currently a PI and participant of multiple ongoing international and national clinical studies mostly on hepatocellular carcinoma and its treatment.
Area of Interest
- Treatment of liver tumor by radioembolization and chemoembolization
- Treatment of Prostatic hyperplasia
- Treatment of uterine fibroids
- Treatment of pelvic congestion syndrome
- Interventional oncology e.g.: Transarterial chemoembolization, radioactive microspheres (yttrium
- 90 radioembolization), for the treatment of unresectable liver tumors
- Embolization of body tumors including preoperative embolization
- Management of portal hypertension (TIPS, BRTO, varix embolization)
- Biliary procedures including drainage and stenting (PTC, PTD, Rendezvous procedure)
- Trauma embolization
- Gastrointestinal bleeding embolization
- Hemoptysis embolization
- Urinary tract catheterization and stenting (nephrostomy, double J)
- Embolization of hematuria
- Angioplasty and stenting
- IVC filter placement
- Vascular access placement e.g. hemodialysis catheter, port insertion
- dialysis declotting
- Venous intervention including deep venous thrombosis and varicose veins treatment
- Prostatic artery embolization
- Varicocele embolization
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Pelvic congestion syndrome embolization
- Post partum hemorrhage embolization
- Percutaneous management of post sleeve leak or fistula
- Foreign body removal
- Ultrasound guided interventions including aspiration and drainage procedure
- Computed Tomography imaging
- guided interventions including aspiration and drainage procedure
- Treatment of complications of organ transplantation
English & Arabic