DR. KHALED BALAH
Consultant Anesthesiologist, Head of Department
Dr. Khaled Soliman Balah Is the consultant and chairman of the Anesthesia department at Saudi German Hospital Dubai. Dr. Balah is working in the field of anesthesia for 27 years and brings a vast experience in anesthesia and critical care.
Before joining Saudi German Hospital Dubai, he gained a lot of experience working in Ain Shams University Hospitals, Cairo, Egypt, Kuwait Ministry of Health in Ibn Sina tertiary specialized hospital, then moved to Dubai health Authority hospitals.
During his work in Ain Shams University, besides his daily practice he has been actively involved in teaching and training anesthesia residents and medical students; he is Associate Professor of Anesthesia in Ain Shams University hospitals with many publications, teachings and presentations in the field of anesthesia.
Founder and instructor of dedicated pediatric sedation course in DHA.
Had publications in anesthesia and ICU journals
He loves everything about his career and brings a great sense of commitment, dedication and professionalism to every aspect of his work.
- Has a special experience in anesthesia for high-risk patients.
- Anesthesia for complex and/or major surgeries including General surgery, Oncology major surgeries, Bariatric, Neurosurgery including craniotomies and spinal fixation, Orthopedic including joint replacement surgeries, Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Special experience in neonatal and pediatric anesthesia.
- Regional anesthesia and ultrasound guided nerve and plexus blocks.
- Postoperative pain management tailored to each patient individually.
- Vascular access in difficult cannulation patients (neonates, pediatric and elderly)
- Difficult airway management including fiberoptic intubation.
- Sedation/ Anesthesia outside the operation theater in remote areas like MRI, lithotripsy.